CCC iDrive Navigation Computer Repair
|Repair price||200 €|
|Repair time:||1-2 business days|
|Shipping cost:||25-30 €|
|Shipping method:||DPD courier|
|Return shipping time:||5 business days|
|Outside European Union|
|Shipping cost:||32-60 €|
|Shipping method:||Romanian Post|
|Return shipping time:||5-15 business days|
We repair any fault of the CCC units. The CCC are our specialty and we have 100% success rate. When the unit has been sent to another service and a non-proffessional attempted and failed a repair procedure, things get more complicated, but we usually recover the badly damaged units too.
- A fully functional CCC and a one year warranty.
- Inbound shipping
We are based in Bucharest, Romania. Our exact address can be found in the Shipping&Costs section or on our contact page.
for packaging tips, please see the Shipping&Costs section on this page.
please add a printed version of our repair order form that you can find here
if you let us know the tracking number, we will be monitoring the status of your parcel until it arrives.
- Repair. Tests. Payment.
The repair usually takes 1-2 business days. Your unit is throughly tested before being sent back to you. Before sending the unit back, we will send you a PayPal invoice to your email address and wait for the payment to complete.
We prefer PayPal (because it is safe and quick), but a bank trasnfer is also acceptable
- Return shipping
Once the payment is completed, the unit is sent back to you.
Please see the Shipping&Costs section on this page. A short summary of that information would be:
We provide a tracking number for you to monitor the status of your parcel
Return shipping costs 25-35 Eur to most European Union destinations (approximately 5 work days).
Expedited return shipping (1-2 work days) is possible only for the United Kingdom at the moment.
For European destinations outside the European Union or for other continents, we use the Romanian Post. Both priority shipping and EMS shipping are possible for most destinations.
We strongly recommend against:
The CCC boots up, but only displays the logo, appearing to be stuck | The CCC is in an infinite reset loop. This can either manifest itself as a repetiotion of logo display and then a reset. The cycles can also happen so quikcly that one can have the impression that the display is just flickering.
This stage is usually reached after a period when the other faults in this list have been happening.
Some days, the CCC works properly. Other times, it just doesn't function at all.
Most ofthen the intermittent functioning is also related to temperature. The CCC iDrive might work in the morning, when the car was just started or on cold days and fail to work when the car has warmed up or on warm days.
- The following symptoms are caused by a CCC mainboard failure.
- the system keeps rebooting: keeps cycling between displaying the BMW logo and a black screen
- there are days when the CCC works just fine
- the navigation works on cold days and doesn't on warm days (or the other way around)
- sometimes it works (for example, when you just start the car and everything is cold)
- the navigation is completely dead
- permanent illumination of the buttons on the CCC and cooling fan is always on.
- The following symptoms can have other causes:
- Slow menu: When going through the menu of your navigation, the navigation is slow (has a lag) in executing your commands.
- Intermittent sound
- The CCC unit freezes and the iDrive knob spins freely
- Occasional reboot (rare symptom and the reset is not continuous as in the case of a motherboard fault)
- - The CCC has trouble reading the CD / DVD. Try taking the CD and DVD out and test again. If we the CD / DVD does not come out by itself, please do not force it (this can cause mechanical faults to the reading unit).
- - Some other module might be faulty. The most common faulty modules besides the CCC unit: the bluetooth (MULF) module, the amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7). Faults in other modules could cause this behavior, but this happens extremely rarely and should only be investigated after faults in the CCC, MULF and Logic 7 are ruled out.
- - a local service should be able to help you identify correctly the faulty modules
- - test with a functional MULF or Logic7 (from a friend, local service etcetera)
- - enter the last characters of your VIN number on here or here. You will get a list of modules your car comes with from factory. Please let us know if you see any of the following:
633 PREP.MOB. PH. BUSINESS BLUET.INTERF.
639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN
644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth
676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
677 HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
The possible other causes:
- Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
If there is also a problem with the DVD reading unit, depending on the difficulty of the repair, there may be no additional cost or we may charge an extra fee (see table below). When the damage is beyond repair, we can replace damaged DVD units with original units purchased from BMW and we charge 130 Eur for the new unit. We can only see if this is the case when we receive and inspect the unit. This happens when the reading lens is faulty. We know there are shops that replace only the lens, but we have tested this approach over the years and have reached the conclusion that it is not reliable. The aftermarket lenses are low quality components. This is why we replace the whole reading unit with original units purchased from BMW.
The CCC mainboard fault repair takes 1-2 work days.
Additional faults can add 1-2 work days (like a failed repair attempt by someone else or a MULF fault).
|Diagnostic fee for each module||Always||0 EUR|
|CCC mainboard fault||common symptons at the top of the page||200 Eur|
|CCC additional reading unit fault||mild damage||No extra charge|
|CCC additional reading unit fault||moderate damage||Extra 20-50 Eur|
|CCC additional reading unit fault||beyond repair||Extra 130 EUR (the reading unit is replaced with a new, genuine
reading unit) or no charge if you wish to take care of this yourself
|CCC software update*||on request||30 EUR|
|CCC - enable AUX input & MP3||on request||20 EUR|
|CCC other extra damage||Water infiltration, failed attempted repair by another service||Extra 20-50 EUR|
We only repair MULF1
|The exact price depends on the fault||50 - 70 EUR|
|Logic 7 fault||Depends on the fault||80 – 200 EUR|
- Please make sure you add plenty of cushioning and pack the module in a cardboard box. We recommend removing the small plastic fan attached to the back of the module, if you can, as we don't need it here and it's quite fragile. Here is a short video we made to illustrate the procedure.
- Lastly, please fill in and ad to the parcel a printed version of the repair order form available for download on our website here
For EU destinations we use DPD courier.
For the United Kingdom only there are two options:
- regular shipping with DPD (cost and duration below)
- expedited shipping (1-2 business days), for approximately 45 EUR. The return shipping cost can be checked in real time here. You will need our post code: 060351
Company name: Optifix SRL-D
Address: 20 Doctor Iacob Felix Street, 1st floor, apt 1
Post code: 011031
Phone: +4 0740 228 312 | +4 0756 062 119
Return shipping costs:
|Country||Price in EUR
For non-EU destinations we return the units by means of the Romanian Post.
From our experience, clients from outside the European Union choose to ship their units to us using the post service in their country.
USA customers usually opt for sending their units with USPS EMS, which costs 90-100 USD.
Things to know:
- In the case of parcels coming from outside the European Union, the parcel will be intercepted by the customs. The bureaucratic procedures can take up to 5 business days and a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product value will be charged. The stated product value is the one you declare when sending the unit. We strongly recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR. The VAT fee is not included in the repair cost.
- When sending your unit for repair from outside the EU, we strongly recommend filling in the contact person only and leaving out the company name (see shipping details below). Addressing the parcel to our company most often complicates the bureaucratic procedures. It might seem like an unusual request, but we have had extensive experience with the customs procedure in the past year and we have come to the conclusion that this is the best way to go.
Please contact us if you decide to send us your unit and we will provide the shipping details for parcels coming from outside the European Union.
Return shipping costs:
These are just the non-EU countries from where we had the most customers. For rates to other non-EU destinations, please contact us.
|Isle of Man||32||7-8||-||-|
The repair comes with a 1 year warranty. Should the module develop a fault, provided it was not caused by accident, neglect or misuse, the module will be repaired/exchanged and returned to you at our expense.
For the price of the repair procedure, please check the Symptoms&Fees tab. For the price of return shipping, please see Shipping&Costs. The first part of this section deals with clients from the European Union and the second part discusses transport to locations outside the European Union.
Please check the Shipping&Costs tab on this page. If your location is not mentioned, you probably reside outside the European Union, and the list for shipping to countries outside EU is still not complete. We can still ship to your location though. Please contact us and we will reply with the shipping cost.
So far we were only able to find expedited shipping for the UK through British parcel brokerage companies. Next day delivery is possible for UK at a cost of approximately 45 Eur. The return shipping cost can be checked in real time here. To get a quote, you will need our post code: 011031
There are two options: PayPal and international bank transfer.
We prefer PayPal because it is instantaneous and it is the safest payment method to date for international clients. The PayPal invoice will be sent to you after we repair and test your module, before sending it back. If you prefer, we can also use a regular bank transfer, for which we will send you a proforma invoice. Once the payment is completed, we will email you our invoice and proceed with shipping your unit back.
We have a 100% success rate for the CCC repair procedure. Even if your module suffered from an unsuccessful repair attempt, we can still recover it.
If the prior repair attempt was unsuccessful, this is an indication of a non-professional doing a job he/she is not qualified for. We know it is counter-intuitive to imagine an electronics engineer damaging a board while trying to repair it, but they do. We have seen CCC boards which had been randomly heated all over, small components that were somehow removed from the board by mistake, connectors that have been torn to pieces and the list goes on. And it is one thing to repair the natural faults of the CCC unit which we have reverse engineered and understand what happens and what gets affected, but a totally different thing to look for damage done by a person, damage which could have been inflicted absolutely anywhere. However, we can still repair the units. But the amount of extra work translates to this increase in our fee.
Yes, it's perfectly safe to drive your car in the meantime.
We recommend doing a search on Youtube for your car model (e.g. e60 ccc how to remove). There are many video tutorials posted on YouTube illustrating this procedure.
Here is a short video we made to illustrate the procedure.
Please fill in and add to the parcel a printed version of the repair order form.Technical questions
When the memory of the unit is also damaged, we will need to rewrite the software and we will, of course, use the latest software version. In this case, the update is considered part of the repair procedure, since it cannot be avoided in order to have a functional CCC unit.
When the software update is not mandatory for restoring the functionality of the CCC unit, we can perform the update upon request. However, since the update procedure keeps a workbench busy for a few hours, we charge an extra fee of 30 Eur.
To answer this question, we need to introduce the concepts of programming and coding in the context of the CCC units.
When the memory of the CCC unit is corrupted, we need to perform a procedure called programming. We ask for the VIN number and customize the default software to what the VIN number tells us. But sometimes the VIN number does not say the whole story and some options may become unavailable. In this case (and it is important to note that this happens rarely), a second procedure called coding is needed post-repair. The CCC is functional even without this later coding. Coding needs a physical connection to the car. The good news is that, unlike programming, which takes a few hours and requires a more expensive interface, the coding only takes 10-15 minutes and the interface needed for connecting to the vehicle is quite cheap. This makes it something that many services can perform at a low price.
Please see the Symptoms&Fees section on this page, where this symptom is discussed along with possible other causes besides a faulty CCC unit.
As mentioned in the Symptoms&Fees section on this page, there is an extra charge of 20 EUR for this procedure.
For this you will need: an aftermarket device (it can be found under the name of USB adapter for *car_model* on ebay), and either a MULF2 HIGH bluetooth module besides your CCC iDrive unit. Alternatively, if you had the CIC version of iDrive navigation, you can connect a USB device without the need of the additional bluetooth module.
No, unfortunately the CCC iDrive unit cannot play videos.
We've only received this question once, but we decided to add it here because we see there are still people selling the “repair capacitors” which supposedly fix the CCC faults. We have never seen a CCC fault that was due to a faulty capacitor. Please do not buy such “repair kits”. It is simply scam.Feedback
Is there any other question you feel should be answered here ? Please let us know using the contact form on this page or by directly sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
They where also able to do simple upgrades on the CCC unit, in my case to upgrade my unit to be able to connect AUX Audio.
Sending a package from Sweden to Romania took about 4-5 days, but totally worth the wait!
For a full list of our customers' reviews, please check: