CCC iDrive repair for all possible faults. If your iDrive reboots, works only occasionally, drains your battery, does not start at all or maybe has another symptom, please read below.
BMW CCC iDrive Repair Procedure
- You ship the CCC iDrive navigation to us for repair
- We repair it and confirm full functioning
- You pay safely
- We ship the CCC navigation back to you
We fix ALL faults of the BMW CCC iDrive
The most common symptoms of a BMW CCC failure:
- CCC iDrive reset: the CCC head unit reboots continuously, as a result your screen cycles between the BMW logo and a black screen
- The CCC iDrive does not boot completely: when started, it remains stuck on the BMW logo.
- The iDrive is fully functional on some days, but fails to boot successfully on other days, most likely when the weather is warmer.
- The CCC head unit functions when the car is cold, but fails to work when the car is warm
- The CCC iDrive is completely non functional, as a result your screen remains black. No navigation functions can be controlled from iDrive controller anymore.
- The cooling fan of the CCC iDrive remains on, consequently draining the car battery
- The iDrive sat nav does not eject the CD / DVD anymore when pressing the Eject button.
- The CCC console buttons lights remain always on
- Sometimes the iDrive head unit generates some graphical disturbances (horizontal and vertical lines) on the screen while it tries to boot. When the graphical anomalies appear only when the iDrive navigation doesn not work anymore, they are most likely not caused by a display error but by the CCC fault.
- Total lack of sound. If you don’t have a separate sound amplifier module, then the sound problem is generated by the CCC iDrive.
The following symptoms may not need a CCC iDrive repair.
- Slow navigation menu: the CCC iDrive is slow (has a lag) in executing user commands
- Intermittent sound
- The CCC headunit randomly freezes and the iDrive controller / the joystick spins freely
- The CCC iDrive resets a few times, but then starts and works properly
Other possible causes:
- The CCC has trouble reading the CD / DVD. Remove all disks and test again. If a disk does not come out by itself, please do not force it out (as this may cause mechanical damage).
- Another module connected to the fiber optics ring is faulty and prevents the proper functioning of the CCC iDrive. The most common other causes: the bluetooth module (MULF or MULF 2) and the sound amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7).
Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
- First, check whether your car comes with the bluetooth and / or sound amplifier modules that are known to be prone to failure. Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN number here or here and check if the list shown on the website includes:
- 644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth – this is the MULF or MULF 2
- 677 HIFI System Professional – the TOP HIFI (also known as Logic 7) sound amplifier
- If you need to, check out this article to find out what the VIN is and where to find it.
- Next, remove the module identified on the first step in one of the following two ways:
- replace the above with a known to be functional module (from a friend, a local service etcetera)
- remove the suspect unit and use a MOST bypass loop connector to close back the optical fiber loop. This is mandatory. If you simply unplug a module and do not close the optical fiber ring, unexpected results will follow.
Once you have identified the faulty module we can help with the repair. Please see:
Shipping your BMW CCC iDrive to us for a repair
- Download, fill in and send us the the form from this link
- You only need to send in the CCC headunit (not the display, nor the joystick / iDrive controller)
- Remove the plastic fan on the back of the CCC headunit (check out this video “How To”)
- Add plenty of cushioning (espcially aroundthe plastic parts) and use a cardboard box
- Use the shipping details (company name, address & phone) from our contact page
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations.
- Our non-EU customers use their national post, TNT Express, UPS or FedEx to ship to us.
- Please do not use DHL Express when sending our unit to us from outside the EU. They are extremely slow with the import procedures.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- In the case of parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. This is why we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty CCC iDrive. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
- BMW 1 Series (E81, E82, E87, E88), BMW 3 Series (E90, E91, E92, E93, M3), BMW 5 Series (E60, E61, M5), BMW 6 Series (E63, E64, M6), BMW X5 E70, BMW X6 E71, Mini Cooper (R55, R56, R57)