The BMW LCM (Light control module) most often fails due to water infiltration. Since the BMW LCM is combination of a light module and a check control module, the LCM failure usually results in lights-related problems or monitoring malfunction (pressure monitoring, wrong mileage shown etc). Replacing a LCM is a cumbersome procedure: there are many versions for one particular car model and you need to find the exact same version your car is equipped with. If your LCM needs a repair, we can help.
PRICE: 55 EUR
REPAIR DURATION: 2-3 business days
Click here for delivery costs
LCM Repair Procedure
- You ship the LCM to us for repair
- We confirm the fault, we repair it and test full functioning at the end
- You pay safely
- We ship the LCM back to you
We fix ALL faults
A faulty LCM module can have many consequences. The following symptoms usually indicate a faulty BMW LCM module in need of a repair:
- Headlights remain on after the car is shut down
- Headlights do not turn on or function intermittently
- Indicators flash randomly
- Non-functional high beams
- Brake lights do not function or are intermittent
- Turn signals do not blink or blink too quickly
- Emergency hazard lights do not blink or blink too quickly
- The dashboard is no longer lit
- Water infiltration: If you open up the metal case, you can see oxidation of the mainboard. Water damaged LCM can be repaired. For an exact quote, please send us clearly focused images of the board. You can do that through the contact form on this page.
If you are unsure what is causing your symptoms and want to make sure the fault lies with the LCM, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the relevant fuses
- Check the light bulbs, even if they seem ok on visual inspection, try switching them between the two sides
- Swap the entire light aasembly from one side to the other
- Inspect wiring looms for physical damage
Locating your LCM module
- The Light Control Module is normally located underneath the steering wheel, above and to the right of the gas pedal.
Shipping your LCM module to us
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations.
- Our non-EU customers use their national post or DHL Express.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- In the case of parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. This is why we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty LCM unit. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
LCM part numbers
- 6765456 | 6922664 | 6936104 | 6943284 | 6962723 | 6983536 | 6935362 | 6935363 | 6936997 | 6983537 | 6922663 | 6941589
- There are many more versions in use, so your LCM may have a different part number. Please use the form on this page if you want to ask us about your LCM version.
The LCM was installed on:
- BMW 5 Series (E60, E61), BMW 6 Series (E63, E64)