CCC iDrive repair for all possible faults. If your iDrive reboots, works only occasionally, drains your battery, does not start at all or maybe has another symptom, please read below.
If you have the CIC iDrive model, please see our CIC iDrive repair page
For the MASK iDrive, see our MASK iDrive repair page
BMW CCC iDrive Repair Procedure
- You ship the CCC iDrive navigation to us for repair
- We repair it and confirm full functioning
- You pay safely
- We ship the CCC navigation back to you
BMW CCC iDrive repair for all faults
The most common symptoms of a BMW CCC failure:
- CCC iDrive reset: the CCC head unit reboots continuously, as a result your screen cycles between the BMW logo and a black screen
- The CCC iDrive does not boot completely: when started, it remains stuck on the BMW logo.
- The iDrive is fully functional on some days, but fails to boot successfully on other days, most likely when the weather is warmer.
- The CCC head unit functions when the car is cold, but fails to work when the car is warm
- The CCC iDrive is completely non functional, as a result your screen remains black. No navigation functions can be controlled from iDrive controller anymore.
- The cooling fan of the CCC iDrive remains on, consequently draining the car battery
- The iDrive sat nav does not eject the CD / DVD anymore when pressing the Eject button.
- The CCC console buttons lights remain always on
- Sometimes the iDrive head unit generates some graphical disturbances (horizontal and vertical lines) on the screen while it tries to boot. When the graphical anomalies appear only when the iDrive navigation doesn not work anymore, they are most likely not caused by a display error but by the CCC fault.
- Total lack of sound. If you don’t have a separate sound amplifier module, then the sound problem is generated by the CCC iDrive.
The following symptoms may not need a CCC iDrive repair.
- Slow navigation menu: the CCC iDrive is slow (has a lag) in executing user commands
- Intermittent sound
- The CCC headunit randomly freezes and the iDrive controller / the joystick spins freely
- The CCC iDrive resets a few times, but then starts and works properly
- BMW logo stuck on the screen, CCC reboots a couple of times and then it’s stuck on the BMW logo again
Other possible causes:
- The CCC has trouble reading the CD / DVD. Remove all disks and test again. If a disk does not come out by itself, please do not force it out (as this may cause mechanical damage).
- Another module connected to the fiber optics ring is faulty and prevents the proper functioning of the CCC iDrive. The most common other causes: the bluetooth module (MULF or MULF 2) and the sound amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7).
Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
- First, check whether your car comes with the bluetooth and / or sound amplifier modules that are known to be prone to failure. Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN number here or here and check if the list shown on the website includes:
- 644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth – this is the MULF or MULF 2
- 677 HIFI System Professional – the TOP HIFI (also known as Logic 7) sound amplifier
- If you need to, check out this article to find out what the VIN is and where to find it.
- Next, remove the module identified on the first step in one of the following two ways:
- replace the above with a known to be functional module (from a friend, a local service etcetera)
- remove the suspect unit and use a MOST bypass loop connector to close back the optical fiber loop. This is mandatory. If you simply unplug a module and do not close the optical fiber ring, unexpected results will follow.
Once you have identified the faulty module we can help with the repair. Please see:
Shipping your BMW CCC iDrive to us for a repair
- Download, fill in and send us the the form from this link
- You only need to send in the CCC headunit (not the display, nor the joystick / iDrive controller)
- Remove the plastic fan on the back of the CCC headunit (check out this video “How To”)
- Add plenty of cushioning (espcially aroundthe plastic parts) and use a cardboard box
- Use the shipping details (company name, address & phone) from our contact page
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations.
- Our non-EU customers use their national post, TNT Express, UPS or FedEx to ship to us.
- Please do not use DHL Express when sending your unit to us from outside the EU. They are extremely slow with the import procedures.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- In the case of parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. This is why we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty CCC iDrive. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
We repair the following CCC modules:
- CCC module for BMW 1 Series (E81, E82, E87, E88)
- CCC module for BMW 3 Series (E90, E91, E92, E93, M3)
- CCC module for BMW 5 Series (E60, E61, M5)
- CCC module for BMW 6 Series (E63, E64, M6)
- CCC module for BMW X5 E70, BMW X6 E71
- CCC iDrive module for Mini Cooper (R55, R56, R57)
Submit your review
Excellent five star service, very nice people to deal with and real experts on BMW CCC and similar electronics, highly recommended.
I left my ccc drive from my e60 535d to these guys as it was rebooting and showing bmw logo.. Like anyone I was worried about sending it away and never seeing it again..
Absolutely brilliant service.. Mihaela Keeps you updated about your device and when he has recieved it and when they diagnose what's wrong with it.. I'm from Northern Ireland my ccc was back within 2 weeks and working like new..
My nav computer in my 2003 330ci would only work with the eject button pressed, - the screen in the car would constantly keep cycling back to the blue screen - as others have said before, I was a bit nervous about sending the unit away particularly out of the country, but other reviews gave me the confidence to send it. Throughout the entire time the unit was away, Mihaela kept me up to date with the progress of the repair, and it was only away for a matter of a week or so! And the repair was very reasonably priced!
Needless to say the unit is now back in the car and functioning as intended, - and I have the confidence of a 12 month warranty!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the services of Mura Car Accessories -
E61 ccc module completely gone. Sent it to MCA and within 4 working days I received it back, fully working and one year warranty! Thanks guys!!!
Hi, I'm located in Lowell MA (USA). I have a BMW 530I and my ccc unit was damaged. I made some researches on the web and find MCA. I noticed that my ccc unit had the same symptoms described by them and that their price and warranty were to much better than here in USA. I contacted those guys and and followed their intructions. I sent them my ccc unit and they kept me updated during the entire process. Today after 6 months, my radio is working like brand new. These guys are very honest and responsible to do business with. I recommend "MCA" 100%.
Great service highly recommended. I was skeptical about the over seas thing but I'm glad I did . I just followed all their instructions and I can't be happier the unit is updated and works great
I have installed all units and everything is functioning ok,
I'd like to thank you for the assistance and also thank your engineer's for doing the repairs on my BMW CCC unit and Mulf TCU.
In Croatia nobody repair CCC for BMW. I sent it to Romania,and in few days it's repaired and returned back!!! Thanks MCA! And special thanks to Mihaela, she is great, 24 hours she was available for any questions!
Prix imbattable pour mon ccc très content du prix et du service personne très professionnels je recommande fortement en 2 semaines réparation et envoi tous compris pour 250€ ces imbattable merci à vous
I was a bit skeptical at first sending iin my unit overseas., but I'm glad i did .they did a fantastic job and Mihaela was great
I had no surprise regarding costs and the delays for repair were really good. My CCC worked as before I recommend this seller truly professional.
Very responsive on E.mail. Kind and very helpful, and my CCC worked like a charm when i got it back. CCC was even faster on startup now.
I would recommend this company to anyone at any times
Couldn't be happier!
Great service, nice people. Thanks alot.
Very good repair, fast customer support. They fixed the restart loop and no sound issue on my ccc bmw e61.
Perfect service! Great staff too!
I was quoted a lot more here in Germany for replacing my broken CCC. I sent my CCC to MCA in Romania and they fixed it for a fraction of the cost. It works perfectly !
I've sent my CCC to them from the UK because here I found nobody that could fix it. Got it back as good as new, great work ! I recommend this company to anyone, no matter where you are ! With the optional expedited repair and expedited return shipping, I got my unit back the next day !
Excellent service and great customer support
Profesionalism, seriozitate, determinare si punctualitate! Asa as caracteriza echipa Mura. Specialist desavarsiti, doresc sa le multumesc frumos pentru promptitudinea si calitatea de exceptie a serviciilor prestate! Recomand cu incredere!
Absolutely excellent service. Fixed and returned my BMW CCC device within a few days. Email support was always fast.
Great service! Fixed my CCC unit for my BMW E61.
Nice and fast email contact, always answer within a day. Email updates about my units status etc.
Very good price, compared to buying a brand new unit and letting a BMW workshop install it for you!
Easy payment via Paypal also.They where also able to do simple upgrades on the CCC unit, in my case to upgrade my unit to be able to connect AUX Audio. Sending a package from Sweden to Romania took about 4-5 days, but totally worth the wait!
What can I say. Outstanding service, I can highly recommend MCA enough to all of my fellow BMW drivers.
I had issues with my Becker Professional BM54 Amp as I only had one speaker working in my BMW E46 Vert and this is a known issue with this particular amp. The quality of work done on the amp is excellent. I was initially going to send the amp to the UK to get refurbished until I came across MCA by pure chance and thankfully I did.MCA are cheaper and so much faster, sent my amp to Romania from Ireland, amp refurbished then sent back to Ireland all within 10 days...amazing!Guys, thank you so much and I wish you the very best of success.
"The CCC of my 2005 E91 simply displayed...nothing. And it's fan was running continuously, even with the key removed.
It costed me 130 Euros to get a diagnosis from my BMW dealer: your CCC is dead.
They issued an estimate of 1000 Euros for a Standard Exchange+ Reprog.
After extensive research, and contatcs with UK and German Repair Stations, offering quite long delays and not so precise estimates (be prepared for surprises when we receive your module), between 300 and 400 Euros, I came to MCA.
Outstanding ! Within twelve days, the CCC was fixed, for the lowest cost I have seen.
Email support has been quick and friendly, and PayPal payment flawless.
Thanks to MCA for their professionalism and expertise."
Fast and quality service !
I got my E91 -06 CCC fixed by MCA. Very good service and they also kept me well informed during the repair process. Strongly recommended.
I have a Digital tuner connected in my BMW M5 E39 since one year now...
I ve completed my installation with a rear camera pluged at the Digital Tuner,
The product is perfect and all the connection are very clean
The installation respect the original spirit of BMW manufacturer
I'm very happy. Very good job!
Fast and very detailed response for every time, I have asked something about
I really can strongly recommend MCA shop for everyone, who needs help for
Thanks a lot for a fast and professional service! 😉
Amazing company. I'm located in United States. Mura Car Accessories fixed my BMW E60 CCC unit. I was getting the dreaded BMW logo reboot on my iDrive after every start. My unit would not start successfully. I sent my unit over to Mura Car Accessories via USPS Priority Mail Express International and they repaired it within a few days and sent it back. Full turn around time from Romania back to me in United States was about 26 days (this is with express mail service) due to transit times but everything was well worth the wait. The service was at a great cost and it sure beats purchasing a new unit for more than triple the price! I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to resolve their BMW CCC unit from any sort of failures. Don't hesitate to use them! They are 100% legit and very fast with communication. A++ service!
They repaired my faulty CCC drive from my e60 535d 2006, it was showing bmw logo. It's up and running again. Fast and reliable service. Amazing company. Fast and very detailed response for every time.The total cost was less than 250 euros! Highly recommended!
Perfect service. Very fast shipment back to our place with a device full repaired.
Everything is working perfectly.So much cheaper than expected/told by BMW.
Thank you ! Hignly recommended.
These guys were fast in fixing both my CCC and MULF. And they did some coding on another module that I wasn't able to do myself. Highly recommended!