CIC iDrive repair for both versions of the navigation computer:
- the professional, large, CIC iDrive model
- the business, smaller head unit, officially labelled CIC MID
If your CIC iDrive reboots, only works occasionally, does not work beyond displyaing the BMW logo or has any other symptom, please read below.
- You ship the CIC iDrive navigation to us for repair
- We repair it and confirm full functioning
- You pay safely
- We ship the CIC iDrive head unit back to you
We fix ALL faults
The most common:
- The CIC iDrive keeps rebooting: keeps cycling between displaying the BMW logo and a black screen
- The CIC iDrive is fully functional on particular days only
- The CIC iDrive might work when the car is cold / on cold days, but fails to work when the car is warm / on warm days
- The CIC iDrive is completely non functional (display is black)
- The navigation function is disabled
- The CIC cannot read disks
- The CIC does not boot completely: it remains frozen on the BMW logo
- Slow navigation menu: the CIC iDrive is slow (has a lag) in executing user commands
- Intermittent sound
- The CIC head unit randomly freezes and the iDrive controller / joystick spins freely
- The CIC iDrive reboots a few times, but then starts and works properly
Other possible causes:
- The CIC has trouble reading the disk. Remove all disks and test again. If a disk does not come out by itself, please do not force it out (as this may cause mechanical damage to the disk reading submodule).
- Another module connected to the fiber optics ring if faulty and prevents the proper functioning of the CCC iDrive. The most common other causes: the bluetooth module (MULF or MULF 2) and the sound amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7).
Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
- Check whether your car comes with the bluetooth and / or sound amplifier modules that are known to be prone to failure. Enter the last characters of your VIN number on here or here and see if the listi includes:
- 644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth – this is the MULF or MULF 2
- 677 HIFI System Professional – the TOP HIFI (also known as Logic 7) sound amplifier
- Replace the above with a known to be functional module (from a friend, local service etcetera)
Once you have identified the faulty module we can help with the repair. Please see:
Shipping your unit to us
- Download, fill in and send us the the form from this link
- You only need to send in the CIC head unit (not the display, nor the joystick / iDrive controller)
- Add plenty of cushioning (espcially around the plastic parts) and use a cardboard box
- Use the shipping details (company name, address & phone) from our contact page
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations for the CIC iDrive | CIC MID iDrive models
- Our non-EU customers use their national post or DHL Express.
- Please do not use DHL Express when sending your unit to us from outside the EU. They are extremely slow with the import procedures.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- For parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. For this reason, we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty CCC iDrive. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
- BMW 1 Series 2008-2013 (E81, E82, E87, E88), BMW 3 Series 2008-2013 (E90, E91, E92, E93), BMW 5 Series 2008-2010 (E60, E61), BMW 5 Series (F7, F10, F11), BMW 6 Series 2008-2010 (E63, E64), BMW 7 Series (E65, E66, E67, E68), BMW 7 Series (F01, F02), BMW X1 E84, BMW X3 F25, BMW X5 E70, BMW X6 E71