CIC repair for both versions of the navigation computer:
- the professional, large, CIC iDrive model
- the business, smaller head unit, officially labelled CIC MID
If your CIC iDrive reboots, only works occasionally, displays the BMW logo then freezes or has any other symptom, please read below.
If you have the CCC iDrive module, please see our CCC repair page
CIC Repair Procedure
- You ship the CIC iDrive navigation to us for repair
- We repair it and confirm full functioning
- You pay safely
- We ship the CIC iDrive head unit back to you
CIC repair regardless of the failure or fault
The most common:
- The CIC iDrive keeps rebooting: keeps cycling between displaying the BMW logo and a black screen
- The CIC iDrive is fully functional on particular days only
- The CIC iDrive might work when the car is cold / on cold days, but fails to work when the car is warm / on warm days
- The CIC iDrive is completely non functional (display is black)
- The navigation function is disabled
- The CIC cannot read disks
- The CIC does not boot completely: it remains frozen on the BMW logo
- The display (CID) goes black / red from time to time
- The display (CID) stays black / red permanently
- Slow navigation menu: the CIC iDrive is slow (has a lag) in executing user commands
- Intermittent sound
- The CIC head unit randomly freezes and the iDrive controller / joystick spins freely
- The CIC iDrive reboots a few times, but then starts and works properly
You read the “Symptoms that may have other causes than a CIC failure” above and you found your symptoms on that list ? Then here is what you can try next:
Other possible causes:
- The CIC has only a disk reading failure (optical unit malfunction). Remove all disks and test again. If a disk does not come out by itself, please do not force it out (as this may cause mechanical damage to the disk reading submodule).
- Another module connected to the fiber optics ring is faulty and prevents the proper functioning of the CCC module. The most common other causes: the bluetooth module (MULF or MULF 2) and the sound amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7).
Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
- Check whether your car comes with the bluetooth and / or sound amplifier modules that are known to be prone to failure. Enter the last characters of your VIN number on here or here and see if the listi includes:
- 644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth – this is the MULF or MULF 2
- 677 HIFI System Professional – the TOP HIFI (also known as Logic 7) sound amplifier
- Replace the above with a known to be functional module (from a friend, local service etcetera)
Once you have identified the faulty module we can help with the repair. Please see:
Shipping your CIC to us for repair
- Download, fill in and send us the the form from this link
- You only need to send in the CIC head unit (not the display, nor the joystick / iDrive controller)
- Add plenty of cushioning (espcially around the plastic parts) and use a cardboard box
- Use the shipping details (company name, address & phone) from our contact page
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations for the CIC iDrive | CIC MID iDrive models
- Our non-EU customers use their national post or DHL Express.
- Please do not use DHL Express when sending your unit to us from outside the EU. They are extremely slow with the import procedures.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- For parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. For this reason, we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty CCC iDrive. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
We repair CIC modules for the following BMW models:
- CIC repair for BMW 1 Series 2008-2013 (E81, E82, E87, E88)
- CIC repair for BMW 3 Series 2008-2013 (E90, E91, E92, E93)
- CIC repair for BMW 5 Series 2008-2010 (E60, E61)
- CIC repair for BMW 5 Series (F7, F10, F11)
- CIC repair for BMW 6 Series 2008-2010 (E63, E64)
- CIC repair for BMW 7 Series (E65, E66, E67, E68)
- CIC repair for BMW 7 Series (F01, F02)
- CIC repair for BMW X1 E84
- CIC repair for BMW X3 F25
- CIC repair for BMW X5 E70
- CIC repair for BMW X6 E71