We repair BMW HU ENTRY NAV iDrive head units.
If your iDrive reboots, works only occasionally, drains your battery, does not start at all or has some another symptom, we can repair it.
Examine the pictures of the HU ENTRY NAV on this page (click on image to enlarge). Look at the labels too. The HU ENTRY NAV can look similar to other iDrive models, but the label will state what we highlight (the blue squares) in these pictures.
Depending on your location and car options, the number and colors of connectors on the back can be different than in the pictures.
Not sure what iDrive head unit model you have ? Then see Do I have a M-ASK, CCC, CIC or NBT iDrive navigation ?
HU ENTRY NAV REPAIR PRICE: 200 EUR (if there is water damage or a previous failed repair attempt, there can be an extra charge)
HU ENTRY NAV REPAIR DURATION
REGULAR: 3-4 business days
EXPEDITED: same day
OPTIONS: regular | expedited
Click here for delivery costs
BMW HU ENTRY NAV iDrive Repair Procedure
- You go through the information on this page. Almost all questions we receive through the contact form are answered here.
- You ship the HU ENTRY NAV iDrive head unit to us for repair. How ? Read the Shipping section below on this page.
- We repair it and confirm full functioning through thorough testing
- You pay safely. How ? Check out the How do I pay section on our F.A.Q. page
- We ship the HU ENTRY NAV navigation back to you. How and at what cost ? Check delivery options & costs
BMW HU ENTRY NAV iDrive repair for various faults
The HU ENTRY NAV iDrive head unit usually fails with one of these symptoms:
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive reset: the HU ENTRY NAV head unit reboots continuously, as a result your screen cycles between the BMW logo and a black screen
- The HU ENTRY NAV iDrive does not boot completely: when started, it remains stuck on the BMW logo.
- The iDrive is fully functional on some days, but fails to boot successfully on other days, most likely when the weather is warmer.
- The HU ENTRY NAV head unit functions when the car is cold, but fails to work when the car is warm
- The HU ENTRY NAV iDrive is completely non functional, as a result your screen remains black. No navigation functions can be controlled from iDrive controller anymore.
- The cooling fan of the HU ENTRY NAV iDrive remains on, consequently draining the car battery
- The iDrive sat nav does not eject the CD / DVD anymore when pressing the Eject button.
In case of sound issues, start the troubleshooting by checking: (1) speakers (2) fuses, in case of total lack of sound (3) sound amplifier (if your car has one) (4) connections leading to the speakers.
The following symptoms may not need a CCC iDrive repair.
- Slow navigation menu: the CCC iDrive is slow (has a lag) in executing user commands
- Intermittent sound
- The CCC headunit randomly freezes and the iDrive controller / the joystick spins freely
- The CCC iDrive resets a few times, but then starts and works properly
- BMW logo stuck on the screen, CCC reboots a couple of times and then it’s stuck on the BMW logo again
Other possible causes:
- The CCC has trouble reading the CD / DVD. Remove all disks and test again. If a disk does not come out by itself, please do not force it out (as this may cause mechanical damage).
- Another module connected to the fiber optics ring is faulty and prevents the proper functioning of the CCC iDrive. The most common other causes: the bluetooth module (MULF or MULF 2) and the sound amplifier (TOP-HIFI, also known as Logic 7).
Troubleshooting other possibles causes:
- First, check whether your car comes with the bluetooth and / or sound amplifier modules that are known to be prone to failure. Enter the last 7 characters of your VIN number here or here and check if the list shown on the website includes:
- 644 Preparation f mobile phone w Bluetooth – this is the MULF or MULF 2
- 677 HIFI System Professional – the TOP HIFI (also known as Logic 7) sound amplifier
- If you need to, read this article to understand the BMW VIN (chassis number).
- Next, remove the module identified on the first step in one of the following two ways:
- replace the above with a known to be functional module (from a friend, a local service etcetera)
- remove the suspect unit and use a MOST bypass loop connector to close back the optical fiber loop. This is mandatory. If you simply unplug a module and do not close the optical fiber ring, unexpected results will follow.
Once you have identified the faulty module we can help with the repair. Please see:
Not sure it's a faulty HU ENTRY NAV head unit?
Shipping your BMW HU ENTRY NAV iDrive to us for a repair
- Download, fill in and send us the the form from this link
- You only need to send in the HU ENTRY NAV headunit (not the display, nor the joystick / iDrive controller)
- Add plenty of cushioning (espcially aroundthe plastic parts) and use a cardboard box
- Use the shipping details (company name, address & phone) from our contact page
- Send us the tracking number by replying to our last message
- Return shipping is done through Romanian Post or DHL Express. Shipping rates to non-EU destinations.
- Our non-EU customers use their national post, TNT Express, UPS or FedEx to ship to us.
- Please do not use DHL Express when sending your unit to us from outside the EU. They are extremely slow with the import procedures.
- Parcels coming from outside the European Union are subject to customs procedures, which last 2-4 business days.
- In the case of parcels shipped with the national post, the customs will charge a VAT fee of 20% of the stated product, if this value is above 40 Eur. This is why we recommend our customers to declare a value of 40 EUR for a faulty HU ENTRY NAV iDrive. For higher stated product values, the VAT fee will be added to the total cost.
- Please contact us for exact shipping details before sending your unit from a non-EU location.
We repair HU ENTRY NAV modules for these BMW models:
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 1-Series F20/F21 – 03/2013 – 03/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 2-Series F22 – 11/2013 – 03/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 3-Series F30/F31 – 11/2012 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 3-Series F34 – 03/2013 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 3-Series F80 – 03/2014 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 4-Series F32 – 07/2013 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 4-Series F33 – 11/2013 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 4-Series F36 – 03/2014 – 07/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 5-Series F07 – 07/2012 – present
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 5-Series F10/F11/F18 – 09/2012 – present
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 6-Series F06/F12/F13 – 03/2013 – present
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW 7-Series F01/F02/F03 – 07/2012 – 06/2015
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X3 F25 – 04/2013 – 03/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X4 F26 – 04/2014 – 03/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X5 F15 – 08/2014 – 07/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X5 F85 – 12/2014 – 07/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X6 F16 – 08/2014 – 07/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW X6 F86 – 12/2014 – 07/2016
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW i3 – 09/2013 – present
- HU ENTRY NAV iDrive for BMW i8 – 04/2014 – present
Can’t find your BMW navigation above ? Contact us for help. Click here.